- Global citizens are interdependent individuals that collaborate to make a difference in the community.
- Global citizens are helpful and make a positive difference.
- Global citizens are people who think about the effect of their actions on the present and the future. They do what is best to benefit our world, making it a better place.
- Global citizens are future-focused, empathetic, warm-hearted individuals.
- Global citizens are ethical people who work collaboratively with others to improve lives.
- Global citizens are collaborative, interdependent individuals who help build community.
- Global citizens help to build communities that put a smile on people’s faces and a bigger smile on the world.
- Global citizens care for others both in and out of their community.
- Global citizens solve problems to make the world a better place.
- Global citizens show that they care for others and the global community by being accepting and empathetic.
- Global citizens impact communities by cooperating, being inquisitive, and expanding their knowledge.
- Global citizens care for the environment.
- Global citizens are future-focused people who believe that they can make a difference in their community.
- Global citizens are proactive and interact with the global community in a positive way.
- Global citizens are welcoming and let anyone join their community.
Friday, December 19, 2014
From the Mouths of Sixth Graders
Sometimes when the holidays come around everyone rushes out to buy presents. Sometimes we're happy to be with the ones we love. Sometimes we find warmth in the words of our young. And hope. As the semester ends grade six is asked what a global citizen means to them. It's part of their unit by the same name. Here is a smattering of their definitions. May their words lead the way to a wonderful new year for all of us!